wifi G

Old August 8th 03, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ProfessionalPacific

Default wifi G

Any one had experiance with 802.11g wifi lan connected to the ADSL?

a.

--
---
Sales 0808 1631133 | www.nkmobilemedia.com - Mobile content,

Old August 8th 03, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

11g is of no benefit with regards to ADSL connection, 11b is more then fast
enough for that (unless you have faster then 2Mbs ADSL connection).
11g works much the same as 11b, but may have shorter range.
Regards,
Martin

Old August 9th 03, 01:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Eagles

No issues here. It's running really well. The range is about the same too.
Compared to 11b, the signal strength gets weaker quicker but it maintains
the higher speeds at a greater distance than 11b did.

Paul.

"NKmobilemedia" wrote in message
Yerr but 11b's to slow for a lan connection, just wondered if any one
running it had any issues.

a.

--
---

Old August 9th 03, 10:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NKmobilemedia

out of my 11b its fine for my 1mb adsl connection but for lan traffic
(larger files off the server, plainful)
I guess I'm getting around 5mbits out of the 11b.(netgear)
who knows maybe with 11g (25mbits)? maybe someone can confirm this?
I know its not gona be the same as 100BaseT cable but very simliar to
10BaseT dup..

--
---
Sales 0808 1631133 | www.nkmobilemedia.com - Mobile content,
Support 0870 0631111 | www.nkdsl.co.uk - Broadband ADSL £18.99pm,
Web www.netkonect.net | www.nktelecom.com - Telecom Services,
Email | Best rates on all Communications Services.

"Gareth Babb" wrote in message
. ..
[please learn how to quote correctly]

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 00:26:12 +0200, NKmobilemedia

wrote:

Yerr but 11b's to slow for a lan connection, just wondered if any one

Are you expecting a half-duplex-unswitched-low-bit-rate medium to be a

full
replacement for wired ethernet ?!