Which one : Freedom 2, Pipex, PlusNet?

Old August 8th 03, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Evans

Default Which one : Freedom 2, Pipex, PlusNet?

On 8 Aug 2003 04:47:34 -0700, (Zordiac) wrote:

Advice needed. I want to get broadband adsl.

butI am a long way from the exchange and only 512k is possible, if at
all, so I want:

1) monthly contract and no activation fee
2) p2p
3) static IP address

[Not so bothered about news groups or online gaming. ]

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/sum...?order=tco512k

shows 3 cheapest ISPs that suit my needs to be :

Freedom2Surf - but if terminate contract under 12 months a charge of
60
PlusNet - this used to receive bad press so not sure
virgin - Premium rate support at 50ppm.

Any suggestions as to which to go with or whether should consider
others and also whether I am missing any other useful requirement?

Currently with Pipex and would choose them again.

--
steveevans AT clara DOT co DOT uk