D-Link DSL 504

Old August 8th 03, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pythag

Default D-Link DSL 504

Has anyone had problems with their D Link DSL 504 hanging once a week or
so?

I've answered this question before in the NG, but here goes again anyway....

I found that disabling the proxy DNS (and of course making sure that the
machines on the network use the ISP's DNS addresses directly) solved the
problem. This can be done from the following screen:

http://www.thecaretaker.org.uk/route...-504-c04-proxy
dns.jpg

Since doing that I've only had 1 lock-up in 6 months (and it gets some heavy
traffic too at times).

I am still on quite an old firmware version though, so the problem you are
seeing maybe something else.

Martin.

Old August 10th 03, 08:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve B

I haven't had any lockups in a year with my dsl-500 using the R2.02.b2t8uk
firmware. It doesn't have UPnP though, and has a minor irritant timeout on
newsgroups that requires you sometimes to click on a newsgroup twice to get
things moving.

"Dean" wrote in message
Thanks, giving it a go!

Deano