Bulldog DSL Activation Delay

Old August 8th 03, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chilli Bean

Default Bulldog DSL Activation Delay

Has anyone else received an email from Bulldog regarding a delay in the
Sheffield Area. I placed my order on the 30th of July and was told that it
would take 15 working days.

I got an email today telling me that my activation date has moved to the
25th. I did not mind too much until a friend who also has placed an order
with bulldog on the 17th of July also got the same email with the exact same
activation date. My Exchange is Attercliffe in sheffield and My friends
Exchange is Mosborough also in Sheffield.

The 25th is a Monday so their engineers will work in the sheffield area on
that weekend and be ready for activation on Monday.

The email was worded thus:
Thank you for your recent order of Summer Madness 2000 50:1FIP from Bulldog.
You are the pioneer user of this breakthrough service at your local
exchange. Because you are an early adopter, when your service goes live you
will receive even better performance than we have promised because you will
be sharing your bandwidth with very few other users.

Unfortunately we are experiencing a brief delay in obtaining the network
capacity required for your exchange to go live and fulfil your order this
is now being tested by BT. As a result, your service availability date has
been delayed. We now anticipate that your service will go live on August 25
or there about.

If you currently have ADSL service we will contact you further to ask you to
cancel your existing service, please do not cancel your service until you
receive this mail

When your order has been pre-provisioned, we will contact you with by email
closer to reconfirm your 'go live' date, enclosing your user name and
password.

Bulldog Communications would like to apologise for any disappointment or
inconvenience this may cause you, and thank you in advance for your patience
with this delay. There is nothing we can do to expedite this process any
further.

The Bulldog Customer Service Team

To contact use please use

Old August 8th 03, 09:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gerald Bruce

"Chilli Bean" wrote in message
Has anyone else received an email from Bulldog regarding a delay in the
Sheffield Area. I placed my order on the 30th of July and was told that it
would take 15 working days.

I got an email today telling me that my activation date has moved to the
25th. I did not mind too much until a friend who also has placed an order
with bulldog on the 17th of July also got the same email with the exact

same
activation date. My Exchange is Attercliffe in sheffield and My friends
Exchange is Mosborough also in Sheffield.

The 25th is a Monday so their engineers will work in the sheffield area

on
that weekend and be ready for activation on Monday.

I ordered Anytime 500 from Bulldog on 27th July and got an email today to
say it will be enabled on 12th Aug. I'm on the Horbury/Ossett exchange in
West Yorks so can't comment on Sheffield. How long has your exchange been
ADSL enabled ?

I don't think that's too bad myself, but I stand to be corrected.

Gerald Bruce.