BT Order status - can you get more information - which department on 150

Old August 8th 03, 08:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Craig Henry

Default BT Order status - can you get more information - which department on 150

Hi,

As you know I've got an order for ADSL.

My exchange went live on the 6th August. My isp expect my connection to be
live by the 13th August 2003.

I've just tried to ring bt to get some more information and went to the bt
broadband order status department on 150.

The reason I decided to try and ring is that on the bt website i can see an
order which was placed on the 23rd. Is there any department which I can go
through to get more information than what my isp can tell me or is it the
case that bt wholesale will only talk to isps about order status even though
I can see the order on my bt account on the bt website ????.

According to the guy at plusnet he thought that I had passed the line test.
My order was submitted on the 23rd and apparently you get a rejection
straight away on this instance though I thought they could only do a line
test once the exchange was active.

Any suggestions on who to speak to at bt would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Craig Henry

Old August 8th 03, 08:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham in Melton

Why do you want to contact BT ?

You have no relationship for Broadband with BT - do not confuse matters by
contacting BT - go through your ISP.

Why on earth do you want to talk to BT - if your order is in and are
awaiting installation, there is no more information to be had.

Old August 8th 03, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Craig Henry

I'd just be happier if the bt order status page actually showed things like
expected date of completion. At the minute it shows ipstrem 500 and adsl
self install. Is that normal ???. Its just bugging me to know if I've 100%
definitely passed the line test.

Craig Henry

Old August 8th 03, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Craig Henry" wrote in message
I'd just be happier if the bt order status page actually showed things

like
expected date of completion. At the minute it shows ipstrem 500 and adsl
self install. Is that normal ???. Its just bugging me to know if I've 100%
definitely passed the line test.

The BT order status page does not give any more information - in situations
like yours "no news is good news" - just wait and you will be enabled..

Regards
Sunil

Old August 8th 03, 09:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

Craig Henry wrote:
I'd just be happier if the bt order status page actually showed
things like expected date of completion. At the minute it shows
ipstrem 500 and adsl self install. Is that normal ???. Its just
bugging me to know if I've 100% definitely passed the line test.

Where is this order status page. Can you post a link ?

Old August 8th 03, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Craig Henry

Yes my order does have a plus net tracker page on their portal though if you
log in to the bt website you can see the order placed by the isp with bt as
its associated with your telephone number. Heres a copy of the text
Order Number: ******
Date Order Placed: *******
Requirement: Add, remove or update a product or service
Completion date:

Action Quantity Description
PROVIDE 1 (ADSL) BT IPSTREAM HOME 500
PROVIDE 1 Broadband - IP Self Install

I would'nt be bothered if I could'nt see that.

Though probably as another poster says no news is good news .

Craig Henry

"Graham in Melton" wrote in message
And are you sure that its the right order ?

As you haven't placed an order with BT there isn't any reason why it

should
appear is there ?

It would probably appear on the Plusnet Order page, or whomever ...