Netgear DG814 randomly locks up

Old August 8th 03, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Twinkletoes

Default Netgear DG814 randomly locks up

After a random amount of time with reliable net access, this ADSL/router
will simply lock up. It won't respond to ping and the web interface
can't be contacted either. Sometimes it's ok for weeks at a time but
for the last 2 days it's locking up on average every 12 hours. There
are numerous reports on the web about this but as yet, no solution.

Netgear support don't respond to emails, the queuing time on the phone
was 33 minutes just now. I have the latest firmware release but the
problem has been all through each version as far as I remember.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
Twinkle.

Old August 8th 03, 10:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ritchie

"Twinkletoes" wrote in message ...
Netgear support don't respond to emails, the queuing time on the phone
was 33 minutes just now. I have the latest firmware release but the
problem has been all through each version as far as I remember.

FWIW, I needed to reset my DG814 half a dozen times a day - that was until
I 'upgraded' the firmware from the factory installed 4.3 to "4.4 Nov. 05,
2002". Now I reckon I've reset it about twice in over a year!

Maybe you've a problem with you line, or internal wiring or filters. Just
a thought.

--
Ritchie

Old August 9th 03, 12:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Twinkletoes

"CB" wrote in message
| On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 20:33:28 +0100 and in article WLLWDBAC6519
| @wallawalla.boomboom, Twinkletoes said...
| : After a random amount of time with reliable net access, this
ADSL/router
| : will simply lock up.
| :
| Are you running the latest firmware? Even if you are, there is a beta
| firmware out (search adslguide.org) that fixes a *lot* of problems
| associated with this router.
| --
| CB

Thank you.