[Poll] Interesting ways to dispose of your modem once adsl is activated

Old August 9th 03, 12:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Craig Henry

Default [Poll] Interesting ways to dispose of your modem once adsl is activated

As per topic - assuming you don't need it for fax comms of course.

Any ideas ????. Would prefer expereinces from real life though

Craig Henry

Old August 9th 03, 04:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Maximilian K.

"Craig Henry" wrote in message
As per topic - assuming you don't need it for fax comms of course.

Any ideas ????. Would prefer expereinces from real life though

I just brought it to work. Where I use it to establish external connectivity
from outside firewall boundaries, to test some stuff "as if experienced by a
user". (For those unhappy chaps who cannot yet have broadband.)

--
_______________________
Maximillian!

Old August 9th 03, 07:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[email protected] writeme.com

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 00:21:45 +0100, "Craig Henry"
wrote:

As per topic - assuming you don't need it for fax comms of course.

You don't, you keep hold of it for the times (hopefully rare) when
your ADSL goes down.

Andrew.
Old August 9th 03, 12:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kevin bailey

would advise you to keep it for a backup.

kev bailey

Old August 11th 03, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jonathan

I just brought it to work. Where I use it to establish external
connectivity

If you worked for my company and I found out you were putting a modem on the
network I'd fry your balls.

Use a modem simulator like Sloppy if you want to do that sort of thing:

http://www.dallaway.com/sloppy/

JJ

"Maximilian K." wrote in
message ...

Old August 12th 03, 12:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clunk

Jonathan wrote:

[...]

Plus a much better use for it is to use as backup when your ADSL is offline.
Most ISP on ADSL need to use BT lines and they go down whenever BT
do line work, or when things fail in their system.

Old August 12th 03, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
D Mac

If you worked for my company and I found out you were putting a modem on
the
network I'd fry your balls.

IT "police" alert