Linksys/802.11/Router/Access Point Query

Old August 9th 03, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Linksys/802.11/Router/Access Point Query

Hello,

I want to be able to connect my PC downstairs to the internet without
having the PC upstairs turned on; likewise with my laptop. Question
is, how do I get this to work? Here's what I have so far:

ADSL Nation X-Modem (ethernet) upstairs
4 port mini hub (not a router)
Wireless PCI card in PC downstairs
Wireless Laptop card

After seeing tests in PC Pro magazine I'm going for Linksys kit, but
do I get the WirelessG Broadband Router or the WirelessG Access Point?
I understand there are problems using the X-Modem with Linksys
equipment, so if the X-Modem has to go, so be it.

Can someone who has successfully set the Linksys up to work as
required above let me know what equipment they used to get it running?

Thanks,

Lee.
--
Editor, DVD Debate
http://www.dvddebate.com

Is the owner of Hotpoint a Fridge Magnate?