Recommend PCMCIA wireless 802.11b card to go with Draytek router?

Old August 9th 03, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

Default Recommend PCMCIA wireless 802.11b card to go with Draytek router?

"Jolltax" wrote in message
. ..
Want to buy one of these to make my laptop talk to my network on newly
acquired Draytek 2600 We (nice!)

Would like to save cash and buy a cheapy - Dabs are selling them for £18
(from the Dabsvalue range), or maybe Ebay?

Is this a false economy? I have read they are mostly based on the same
chipset etc etc. - I am only after a reliable connection within my house
(maybe 2/3 walls, 10m) not cutting edge performance.

The cheap one should do.

Jc.

Old August 10th 03, 10:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chachi

Want to buy one of these to make my laptop talk to my network on newly
acquired Draytek 2600 We (nice!)

Would like to save cash and buy a cheapy - Dabs are selling them for £18
(from the Dabsvalue range), or maybe Ebay?

Is this a false economy? I have read they are mostly based on the same
chipset etc etc. - I am only after a reliable connection within my house
(maybe 2/3 walls, 10m) not cutting edge performance.

The cheap one should do.

My boss is using a pair of the ActionTec pcmcia cards (Dabs valuebrand)
in tandem with a Netgear dg824m under XP Home/Pro ... no problems/issues
to 20m

--
reply to [email protected] (remove nospam)
Old August 10th 03, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chachi

My boss is using a pair of the ActionTec pcmcia cards (Dabs valuebrand)
in tandem with a Netgear dg824m under XP Home/Pro ... no problems/issues
to 20m

On Dabs, check the ActionTec products against Dabsvalue products.
I just bought a pair of USB wireless adapters for £50 listed as Dabsvalue.
The same product code was listed under ActionTec at a few quid more.
When they turned up they were ActionTec.
Wierd!
Same product, two prices.

Mea culpa, assumed it was common knowledge that the DabsValue 802.11
gear is actiontec brand for some reason ...

--
reply to [email protected] (remove nospam)
Old August 10th 03, 12:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jolltax

Default Recommend PCMCIA wireless 802.11b card to go with Draytek router - thanks

My boss is using a pair of the ActionTec pcmcia cards (Dabs
valuebrand)
in tandem with a Netgear dg824m under XP Home/Pro ... no

problems/issues
to 20m

On Dabs, check the ActionTec products against Dabsvalue products.
I just bought a pair of USB wireless adapters for £50 listed as

Dabsvalue.
The same product code was listed under ActionTec at a few quid more.
When they turned up they were ActionTec.
Wierd!
Same product, two prices.

Mea culpa, assumed it was common knowledge that the DabsValue 802.11
gear is actiontec brand for some reason ...

Thanks guys, thats been a big help

Jolltax

---