Speedtouch 510 v4 firewall. Is it SPI or just NAT and port blocking?

Old August 11th 03, 12:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tHatDudeUK

Default Speedtouch 510 v4 firewall. Is it SPI or just NAT and port blocking?

As subject....

TIA

Old August 11th 03, 03:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tHatDudeUK

"Richard Tobin" wrote in message
I don't know what "SPI" stands for, but the 510 v4 has a real firewall
with chains of rules.

spi = "Stateful Packet Inspection"

Old August 11th 03, 03:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Tobin

In article ,
tHatDudeUK wrote:

I don't know what "SPI" stands for, but the 510 v4 has a real firewall
with chains of rules.

spi = "Stateful Packet Inspection"

You can find details of the firewall commands in

http://www.speedtouch.com/pdf/E-SIT-...1.0_public.pdf

-- Richard

FreeBSD rules!