BroadBand ISP

Old August 11th 03, 01:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default BroadBand ISP

Hi All,

What ISP to use for ASDL

Regards

Jb

---

Old August 11th 03, 09:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ardl02029_3

"Slugsie" wrote in message
"[email protected]" wrote in

message

What ISP to use for ASDL

BT Broadband or AOL

--
/Slugsie

In all fairness Slugsie if you are going to answer like that I don't know
why you bother.
I am sure that he could have found those himself and it does not give anyone
confidence in your in depth knowledge of
the subject.

Old August 11th 03, 10:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[email protected] writeme.com

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:49:57 +0100, "Slugsie" wrote:

But if someone is not prepared to take 5 minutes to search for an answer to
a question that is asked pretty much every day, often with almost exactly
the same words, why should anyone bother to take the time to give a
meaningful answer. A Google search for the exact words of his question (with
ADSL spelled correctly) reveals more that 3000 hits for this newsgroup
alone.

Agreed, so you should just ignore them rather than giving them bad
advice.

Andrew.
Old August 11th 03, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark&Lisa

[email protected] wrote:
Hi All,

What ISP to use for ASDL

Regards

Jb

---

http://www.bulldogdsl.com/residentia...meTime/faq.asp

Old August 11th 03, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

What ISP to use for ASDL

As you will have gathered by the responses to Slugsie`s innane
suggestions, AOheLl and btbrokennet are not ISPs you want to go with.

or you are likely to be spam filtered :-}
Old August 11th 03, 08:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Edward Holt

"Slugsie" wrote in message
"[email protected]" wrote in

message

What ISP to use for ASDL

BT Broadband or AOL

--
/Slugsie

Ignore this response - BT and AOL are looked down on by most experienced net
users - I would say this was a post that attempted to illicit a laugh from
'those in the know' - but it didn't - it was poor humour.

Old August 11th 03, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
markp

"[email protected]" wrote in message
Hi All,

What ISP to use for ASDL

I've just subscribed to Freedom2Surf (www.f2s.net). The service is excellent
(static IP, no restrictions or ports blocked, can run your own server etc.),
activation fee waived if you stay with them for 12 months. Online support is
good too.

Mark.

Old August 12th 03, 09:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Slugsie

"Edward Holt" wrote in message

Ignore this response - BT and AOL are looked down on by most experienced

net
users - I would say this was a post that attempted to illicit a laugh from
'those in the know' - but it didn't - it was poor humour.

No, it was not meant to illicit a laugh at all. If someone is not perpared
to even slightly research a question before answering it, then why should
others put in any effort to help. As I have already pointed out, that exact
question is asked almost daily, and so has already been answered many times.

--
/Slugsie