ADSL drops every 5 mins

Old August 11th 03, 09:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Default ADSL drops every 5 mins

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:42:04 +0100, DMG wrote:
My ADSL connection, which was running fine until now, drops every 5 mins,
+/- 30 secs. I'm running XP with a Fujitsu FDX310 modem.

I've tried discconnecting the other phones, swapping filters, disabling
the LAN, etc, but the problem persists even if neither IE nor Outlook are
running. I contacted Pipex but they were pretty useless.

How many splitters have you tried? Did you receive them both in the same
package? You may have received a faulty batch. Splitters is my first guess,
followed by perhaps a lack of USB power from your motherboard. Does your
motherboard have a VIA chipset?

Regards,
Mike