Pipex and Netgear modem

Old August 11th 03, 03:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason

Default Pipex and Netgear modem

Have been using Pipex for about 18 months, first 15 months via a USB frog
and bar a few hiccups the service has been spot on.

Few months back I bought a Netgear DM602 ADSL modem (connected via RJ45, not
USB) and a WGR614 wireless ADSL router - since then periodically the service
becomes unavailable. All the lights etc stay green on the modem and the
router and I can ping the router but not the modem. Only solution is to
power cycle the modem and inside about 15 seconds it comes back - there is
no pattern to when it goes down, sometimes it will stay up for 12 hours
other times it will fail inside 1 minute of being power cycled. The only
difference to the config is these two new devices, everything else is
exactly as it was with the frog.

As the kit is not listed on Pipex list of approved hardware they cant / wont
support it and I would rather avoid contacting netgear unless absolutely
necessary as a previous experience was painful!

I am running XP Pro and have the latest firmware for both devices installed.

TIA

Jason