Firewall - question....

Old August 11th 03, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Default Firewall - question....

Any thoughts about what I could use instead that is reasnoable, ie
moving towards super power user on xp not bog standard zone alarm.

What do you want - a "super power user" firewall for free ?

ZA works fine for me. Is there anything specific you dislike about it ?

or you are likely to be spam filtered :-}

Old August 11th 03, 09:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Edward Holt

--
Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via

email
or you are likely to be spam filtered :-}

OK - download Zone Alarm for free (crippled version) and buy a good Anti
Virus product - I use Sophos.
The free version of SpyBot and AdAware will do the job.
I use Sophos for Anti Virus because it's the product my company uses and I
get a fee license but also because I've found them to be one of the fastest
to market for virus pattern updates.
Check the Zone Alarm log files using Zonelog and decide if you need to
upgrade it to the full Pro version.
It's personal choice at the end of the day - just my advice and I've been
using that approach to my own PC.

Old August 11th 03, 09:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I am actually quite willing to part with cash if its worth it

Try the free one first then - you`ll have lost nothing, except some of
the potentially dangerous email attachment renaming capability :-}

or you are likely to be spam filtered :-}