plus.net new subscription questions

Old August 12th 03, 02:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Default plus.net new subscription questions

I believe it's only P2P which is disabled.

You can set up filters on your Outlook Express to deal with multiple email
addresses in various ways.

You can upgrade any time, PlusNet is not going to turn down the extra
moneys, not to mention there is just one month notice anyways.

No, BT will do the testing at installation time. One way out is to buy your
equipment from PC World, you can take it back within 14 days.
Regards,
Martin

Old August 12th 03, 07:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Michael K:
Not bad response times for 2:30am

Well, it was still 26C in my bedroom, I see you couldn't sleep either..
Now that I am little more awake:

I bought Netgear DM602 modem from PC World on the day of activation, but it
didn't work, not even the software would load (or uninstall !), wasted
several days phoning help line (in India !) etc. then returned it !
It was in fact ten days before I got Draytek 2600We, my original choice
(which was out of stock and not available from PCW).

Today I got email from PlusNet saying that BT has resolved their MTU
problems etc., so I did a speed check
and at 7 p.m. got cracking 501.7kbps !
Regards,
Martin