Any ideas?

Old August 12th 03, 02:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Goofball

Default Any ideas?

My ADSL line has been active for over 24 hours now but my account with
PlusNet has still not been enabled, how long does BT usually take to tell
the ISP the line is ready for use?

Cheers.

Old August 12th 03, 02:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"Goofball" wrote in message
My ADSL line has been active for over 24 hours now but my account with
PlusNet has still not been enabled, how long does BT usually take to tell
the ISP the line is ready for use?

Cheers.

You don't have to wait for that. You account gets created automatically by
plusnet's system

Just try putting these settings in your router:

Username: the one they sent you in an email when you
set the account up
Password: Password from the same email

Then it will fail to log in, panic not.

Wait about 30 minutes

The plusnet system automatically sets your account up

Try logging in again!

Jc.

Old August 12th 03, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Goofball wrote:

My ADSL line has been active for over 24 hours now but my account with
PlusNet has still not been enabled, how long does BT usually take to tell
the ISP the line is ready for use?

As long as it takes to pick up the phone and tell them I hope.

Eclipse Customer Support set up my account "as we speak" when I phoned to
tell them my router light was on and I could connect with the bt_test login
and browse the test page. That was 1st August, my BT activation date was
6th August.

--
Paul

Old August 14th 03, 09:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:54:56 +0100, Paul
wrote:

Eclipse Customer Support set up my account "as we speak" when I phoned to
tell them my router light was on and I could connect with the bt_test login
and browse the test page. That was 1st August, my BT activation date was
6th August.

That is a slightly dangerous approach - If it doesn't work for any
reason then you are going to be left in limbo until BT complete the
order officially and the chances are you will get billed for that time
when you can't use the service. We do activate over the phone, but we
like to see the evidence of a connection in our radius logs before we
activate an account - It does save a lot of hassle that way!

Regards,

Ian
--
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -------