AOL-online gaming

Old August 12th 03, 03:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eddgreen

Default AOL-online gaming

on aol is it ok for online gaming
some say no what do you say

Old August 12th 03, 05:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
EastCoastChipping

[email protected] writeme.com wrote in message
You are the first person I have ever heard saying that. As Dazed said,
their servers are offshore for tax reasons, so I can't see how they
would compare favourably to a half decent UK ISP.

Andrew.

Really Andrew, they were the best I ever had, I was getting about 100-120
which as you may agree is good for dial-up..

Also another thing I liked is I never got booted off whilst playing a game
(no 2hr kick off)

Old August 13th 03, 10:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
EastCoastChipping

[email protected] writeme.com wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:03:32 +0100, "EastCoastChipping"
wrote:

Well I was using AOL dial-up and the pings were the best I ever had with

any
dial-up provider..

You are the first person I have ever heard saying that. As Dazed said,
their servers are offshore for tax reasons, so I can't see how they
would compare favourably to a half decent UK ISP.

Andrew.

Ok, just been around a mates who`s just gone live on AOL Broadband, it`s
terrible pings to jolt were 180 so best avoid..

I`m surprised though, as I said, Dial-Up was perfect for me..