BT Broadband

Old August 12th 03, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Cleland

Default BT Broadband

Hi,

I am so peeved off given the amount of advertising of broadband to find it
is not as available as BT would like you to think. We are about to move
house and I just checked our new postcode Here is the reply.

If Broadband from BT is made available in your area, a preliminary check on
your postcode suggests you may be able to order it (although you are on the
distance limit of being able to receive the service and further checks would
be required).

does this mean even if they update our exchange there is still a risk that
broadband would not be available ?

David

Old August 12th 03, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham in Melton

Yes - there is never any guarantee until any actual line is tested.

Old August 12th 03, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tHatDudeUK

"chris" wrote in message
You certainly wont be able to get ADSL, but *might* be able to get
RADSL. There's more of a chance of you getting it now due to the on-
going extended reach trial.

Remember, *no* phone line is 100% certain to get ADSL.

Or you could get NTL but they have their respective problems.

Old August 12th 03, 11:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Cleland

I hate this

I have had 1mb NTL access for sometime now and are moving 8 miles out of
town to a small villiage. Thankfully the house we are looking at is in the
centre of the villiage so I hope it is a better chance to those houses
further out. Are there not stacks of people more than 5k outside an exchange
?

David

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 21:45:55 UTC, chris wrote:

: All domestically supplied (based in IPStream) ADSL is actually RADSL.

I was not aware this is the case?

Has been for quite a while now.

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70, PC/AT..

Old August 12th 03, 11:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Slugsie wrote:
"chris" wrote in message

You certainly wont be able to get ADSL, but *might* be able to get
RADSL. There's more of a chance of you getting it now due to the
on- going extended reach trial.

Remember, *no* phone line is 100% certain to get ADSL.

All domestically supplied (based in IPStream) ADSL is actually

RADSL.

only the 512 variant

Was there any other residential service (until recently of course)??

--
B-)
Life is pain.....