plus.net new subscription questions

Old August 13th 03, 09:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Default plus.net new subscription questions

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:16:41 +0100, chris wrote:

How exactly do you do this? Do you block all ports after a certain
number, or do you just block the known ports that these P2P clients use?

If the latter is the case, what is to stop me either config'ing these
clients to use port 80 (as people at Uni did when our backward admin's
tried to restrict our service) or tunnel the port ranges using SSH?

We utilise a number of different technologies. As has been pointed
out, it's probably not something I am in a position to publicise in
any detail. Suffice it to say that you are not allowed to use P2P apps
on the Home Surf products.

Regards,

Ian
--