Extended range trial - any news?

Old August 13th 03, 09:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Default Extended range trial - any news?

Is there any news on the current 'extended range' ADSL trial ? Any
glitches or failures?

Phil
Old August 13th 03, 10:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Phil" wrote in message
news
Is there any news on the current 'extended range' ADSL trial ? Any
glitches or failures?

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=1250

Regards
Sunil

Old August 13th 03, 10:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"David Cleland" wrote in message

Is there any news on the current 'extended range' ADSL trial ? Any
glitches or failures?

How far is the extended range extended to ?

David

Attenuation (Insertion) pass value goes up from 55d to 60db, *roughly*
equivalent (on cu cable) of an extra 0.5km, to 6km.

Jc.

Old August 15th 03, 12:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:06:53 +0100, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=1250

Regards

Many thanks for this very useful URL, Sunil

Phil

Old August 15th 03, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Metronet Support

BT have now officially decided that 60dB is okay, well that was what I was
told when on a 'training' course today with them

Regards

Alex

--
Alexander Clouter
MetroNet Support http://www.metronet.co.uk/support/

Old August 16th 03, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:34:06 +0100, Metronet Support
wrote:

BT have now officially decided that 60dB is okay, well that was what I was
told when on a 'training' course today with them

Good news!

Did BT tell you whether they were going to extend it further? (Or
anything about their 'cell-wireless' trials - in Wales if I remember
correctly.)

Phil
Old August 16th 03, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sean Nugent

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 16:24:00 +0100, Phil
wibbled about:

wrote:

BT have now officially decided that 60dB is okay, well that was what I was
told when on a 'training' course today with them

Good news!

Did BT tell you whether they were going to extend it further? (Or
anything about their 'cell-wireless' trials - in Wales if I remember
correctly.)

Phil

Pesumably this for 512k and not for anything faster...

Sean
Old August 17th 03, 03:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631

On 16 Aug 2003 18:57, Sean Nugent wrote:

Pesumably this for 512k and not for anything faster...

Helps to trim and quote only from an original post if poss.
Now, was the "this" about the extended trial using wire,
or a query the last part of the thread, on wireless ?
Old August 20th 03, 01:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:45:10 +0100, Metronet Support
wrote:

Well you should be surprised, your next door neighbour very easily can be on
a different exchange and/or a completely different wiring loop.

Thanks again, Alex. But I was one of the first occupants of my little
hamlet and I saw all the subsequent BT cables tied into the same
junction.

Phil
Old August 20th 03, 04:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Metronet Support

wrote:

Well you should be surprised, your next door neighbour very easily can be on
a different exchange and/or a completely different wiring loop.

Thanks again, Alex. But I was one of the first occupants of my little
hamlet and I saw all the subsequent BT cables tied into the same
junction.

Oh thats going to be annoying. :-/

Regards

Alex