Where do I go from here?

Old August 14th 03, 08:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default Where do I go from here?

In article ,
(Josey) wrote:

I understand from BT that the problem is almost certainly the 5.5Km
line
length exceeded, but it must be pretty marginal as I am told that
other
users within half a mile of me now have ADSL.

Read this
http://www.adslguide.org/newsarchive.asp?item=1250

then ask Zen to put you forward for the extended reach trial.

If they won't find another ISP that will.

Jc.

You may find that the trial is now full up, but as a last resort, try
BTB! I was turned down by Pipex, but accepted by BTBroadband.
Having said that, my problem was line loss, 54db on a good day, but a
solid reliable connection all the same.

- Steve

Old August 14th 03, 10:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel Crichton

Steve wrote:
You may find that the trial is now full up, but as a last resort, try
BTB! I was turned down by Pipex, but accepted by BTBroadband.
Having said that, my problem was line loss, 54db on a good day, but a
solid reliable connection all the same.

Were you turned down by Pipex, or had BT told them you were out of spec? One
of my friends went to Pipex on my recommendation, and failed the test. Just
for the hell of it he signed up to BTO, and a week later had ADSL. So he
cancelled, went back to Pipex, and was told again that BT had failed the
line. At this point he told Pipex that he had already had BTO, 2 days later
Pipex managed to get a passed test through from BT, and he's been on Pipex
ever since. I wouldn't touch BTO with a bargepole - costs more for fewer
features and from what I've heard customer service is worse than Pipex
(luckily I've only had to call Pipex service once right when I first got
ADSL around 16 months ago, but it ended up being a BT issue due to a faulty
cable from my eaves to my master socket, since then I've had zero
problems!).

Dan

Old August 14th 03, 10:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

In article ,
(Daniel Crichton) wrote:

Steve wrote:
[...]

I expect it was BT told them.. seems that these cases are far from
isolated. I intend to try and migrate after my 12 months is up.

Steve