LAN crashes Mentor MR4 modem router

Old August 14th 03, 10:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mathias Neumüller

Default LAN crashes Mentor MR4 modem router

Hi,

having recently connected to Virgin broadband, I found the connection
very unreliable. Bandwidth intensive applications, like Windows Update,
hand after a while with no traffic on the ethernet link, but the data
LED constantly lit on the router. After some guessing and countless
configuration I think I identified the problem area. The router seems to
work fine if connected via USB, but hangs after a while if I use the
ethernet connection instead. Any ideas? The router is brand new and
seems to have recent firmware. At least I was unable to find anything
more recent online. Has anybody experienced similar problems with this
router?

TIA,
Mathias