DG824M Version 1.4 Release 01 Firmware won't upgrade

Old August 14th 03, 11:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Angry Ant

Default DG824M Version 1.4 Release 01 Firmware won't upgrade

Has anyone been able to make the DG824M successfully upgrade to
1.41.01? I had no problems upgrading to v1.30.03, it goes up slowly
and the tick led flashes indicating firmware upgrading, the 1.41.01
img goes up in a few seconds, the router reboots and then I check the
version and it's still on v1.30.03. I think the 1401 img file on the
netgear support site is a dud.

Angry Ant.
Old August 14th 03, 02:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Hawthorn

"Angry Ant" wrote in message
om...
Has anyone been able to make the DG824M successfully upgrade to
1.41.01? I had no problems upgrading to v1.30.03, it goes up slowly
and the tick led flashes indicating firmware upgrading, the 1.41.01
img goes up in a few seconds, the router reboots and then I check the
version and it's still on v1.30.03. I think the 1401 img file on the
netgear support site is a dud.

Angry Ant.

I think you have to reset the router to factory defaults before upgrading to
1.3.18 and above. Try holding down the reset button on the back for 10
seconds before attempting the upgrade. Of course you'll loose all your
settings if you do this.

Andy