Where do I go from here?

Old August 14th 03, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Hitchcock

Default Where do I go from here?

In message , Josey
writes

"Bob Hitchcock" wrote in message
When my local exchange met its trigger level and was given an activation
date of 23/07 I began doing some light browsing of this ng. I had
pre-ordered from Zen and I was getting somewhat twitchy because of all
the moaning about their news server problems. That worry has now been
removed because I have now been told by Zen that my line has failed at
least one of the three checks and my order has been duly cancelled and
my money refunded.

I understand from BT that the problem is almost certainly the 5.5Km line
length exceeded, but it must be pretty marginal as I am told that other
users within half a mile of me now have ADSL.

Read this http://www.adslguide.org/newsarchive.asp?item=1250

then ask Zen to put you forward for the extended reach trial.

If they won't find another ISP that will.

Jc.

Thanks for the advice. I phoned a very helpful girl at Zen this morning
and she said they'd been discussing the extended reach pilot yesterday.
She said she'd get my name put on the list, though I haven't had the
promised acknowledgement e-mail yet.
--
Regards

Bob Hitchcock