plus.net new subscription questions

Old August 14th 03, 09:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Default plus.net new subscription questions

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:39:39 +0100, Michael Klontzas
wrote:

Yes, it does. It's still a bit cumbersome compared to what Demon,
Freeserve, Clara and others do but I'm sure I'll find a way around. Other
ISPs simply put everything into one mailbox and allow you to download the
lot or selectively, depending on the user ID you use to logon (i.e.
subdomain or [email protected], or in Freeserve's case even
[email protected] and [email protected]). With your approach if I
create separate mailboxes then I can't download everything at once. I
suppose your approach could have the advantage of increased security if
different mailboxes required different passwords, but AIUI this is not
the case. Anyway, thanks to The Bat! I'm sure I can come up with a set of
rules to re-merge the mailboxes.

The security reason is why we do what we do. The idea is that an
office or a family can all have separate logins and passwords and can
then deal with their mail privately. I guess there are advantages and
disadvantages whatever way you configure this.

But can you downgrade too? (I am not planning to; this is an academic
question)

Erm, if you are on a monthly contract then definitely, if you are on
an annual contract and you upgraded then you can probably downgrade
back to the same product without a problem (This would depend on the
circumstances to a point). We wouldn't normally allow you to downgrade
from an Annual contract that you signed up to, but again this might be
open to some interpretation (ie, you can talk to us and we listen!)...

Regards,

Ian
--
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -------