news.cis.dfn.de - news.individual.net

Old August 14th 03, 10:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default news.cis.dfn.de - news.individual.net

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...

Not sure how many of you use news.cis.dfn.de but they have changed to
news.individual.net - the login and password remains the same.

They are changing the server name but is not necessary to change your
settings... see the bottom of http://news.cis.dfn.de/namechange-en.html
where it says:

"Existing configurations will continue to work without the need for
modification because the technical separation of services will take
place internally on the server-side."

What I do seem to be finding is some wildly mis-threaded articles

where a
post may be wrongly attributed, or the subject / sender may not refer

the article it displays. I`ve seen it on at least one of my posts in

this
group.

Anyone else had the same problem ?

This is due to a problem they had yesterday evening/night - they had a
power cut which also damaged some of their equipment. Details at
http://makeashorterlink.com/?P29421895

Regards
Sunil

Old August 14th 03, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Not sure how many of you use news.cis.dfn.de but they have changed to
news.individual.net - the login and password remains the same.

They are changing the server name but is not necessary to change your
settings...

I did mention the server name was changing, but your login remained the
same - perhaps I wasn`t too clear :-}

What I do seem to be finding is some wildly mis-threaded articles

snip
This is due to a problem they had yesterday evening/night - they had a
power cut which also damaged some of their equipment. Details at
http://makeashorterlink.com/?P29421895

Ahh I didn`t hear about that - that explains it :-}

or you are likely to be spam filtered :-}