Sar 715 Router/Modem

Old August 16th 03, 01:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Sar 715 Router/Modem

Hi,

I have a sar715 Router/Modem Nice Little
Machine but It Will not Pick Up the IP Address
for Freeserve Broadband using XP Home OS
Any Info On this Prob Please

Regards

Jb

Old August 16th 03, 01:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Hi Chris,

What do you do for this

Regards

Jb

"chris" wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 01:20:14 +0100 and in article bhjtd5$41l$1
@news7.svr.pol.co.uk, [email protected] said...
: I have a sar715 Router/Modem Nice Little
: Machine but It Will not Pick Up the IP Address
: for Freeserve Broadband using XP Home OS
: Any Info On this Prob Please
:
Have you enabled the DHCP server on the router? Ie, not for LAN but for
WAN.

--
chris

Old August 16th 03, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kevin bailey

you should talk to freeserve to make sure you have the correct settings for
the router.

if you can't get the XP machine to show the browser based configuration
screen then i'd get yellow pages and pay for some help. £50/60 now might
save you days of floundering around.

HTH,

kev bailey

Old August 16th 03, 01:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Steele

"[email protected]" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a sar715 Router/Modem Nice Little
Machine but It Will not Pick Up the IP Address
for Freeserve Broadband using XP Home OS
Any Info On this Prob Please

There was a problem which I believe started last November with SAR 715 that
was related to Freeserve (and one other ISP) - it would not authenticate at
all but would connect to the BT test site. I had advised a friend to get an
SAR 715 which was embarrassing for me. He borrowed a USB modem for a short
while which proved that the connection was working ok. Solwise were trying
to get a fix in the firmware although it appeared that the authentication
process within the SAR 715 did conform with the specification. Solwise
eventually swapped the SAR 715 for a SAR110 + Switch which has been working
perfectly since January. I don't know whether this problem has ever been
solved.

There was discussion on this problem on the Solwise forum around that time
but I didn't follow the developments since then as my friend was able to use
the SAR110.

John Steele

Old August 16th 03, 07:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ellis

"John Steele" wrote in message

"[email protected]" wrote in

message
Hi,

I have a sar715 Router/Modem Nice Little
Machine but It Will not Pick Up the IP Address
for Freeserve Broadband using XP Home OS
Any Info On this Prob Please

I have a Sar 715 with Freeserve. This problem is well documented on the
Solwise forum and is being dealt with by Solwise.

As you say it will not pick up the Freeserve IP address automatically. In my
own case I find that if I do a system-restart once or twice, it will log on
to Freeserve and once it is logged on it stays logged on until I switch the
router off. Hopefully Solwise will come up with a bug-fix within the next
couple of weeks.

Ellis