DG814 and ADSL connection

Old August 16th 03, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dinga

Default DG814 and ADSL connection

I have a DG814 which connects my server and network to the internet.
Everyhting has been working fine and I have been using VPN to go in
anch check the server remotely.

I upgraded the firware to 4.7 and yesterday changed the connection
timeout to 0 (was 5) and changed to fixed IP. The router rebooted and
hasnt worked since. I have tried a realm of things to get this
working again but nothing has worked. It is not picking up an WAN IP
address (this is static) and I have tried changing back to dynamic
with no luck. When administering the router the software crashes and
displays "page cannot be displayed" after about 1 minute. I have
tried reinstalling the firmware.

Can anyone suggest any way of getting this working. I have tried
hardware reseting the modem but it doesnt work.

Can anyone offer any advice short of buying a new one.

I have tested the adsl line by puting an old speedtouch modem on the
line and this works fine.

Thanks

Richard
Old August 16th 03, 11:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MuDsHaRk

"Dinga" wrote in message
om...
[...]

have you tried the latest firmware ??

Old August 16th 03, 02:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MuDsHaRk

"scofer" wrote in message
bin your dg814, its crap and buy a new router, vigor 2600 are

rommended by a
lot og people.

the "og people" don't know what they're talking about

mines been fine since the beginning of January

Old August 22nd 03, 08:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Smith

And, if you can, upgrade to 4.8 firmware ...