Newbie Questions

Old August 16th 03, 11:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kevin bailey

Default Newbie Questions

might be an idea to get hold of a basic networking book - it will save time
in the long run,

kev bailey

Secret Squirrel nobody[NoSpam].clara.com wrote:

I keep seeing postings mentioning Ethernet and NIC being used with an ADSL
router. As I am planning on getting broadband in the near future, and also
planning on using a combined ADSL modem/router with an Ethernet card on a
single PC, do I also need NIC?

I have also seen mention of "Internet Connection Sharing" for using more
than on computer, with ICS being in Win98ME and above).
Currently I only have a single PC (Windows98 original) but would like to
allow for future expansion,
obviously. So, where does that leave me with the ICS issue?

Any advice welcome.
Thanks.