Best firewall for BB ??

Old August 16th 03, 12:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
amstereofan

Default Best firewall for BB ??

I'm running Zone Alarm but is there a better alternative which gives more
info re who's trying to access ports etc ? What's that one on QVC is that
any good btw ?

Old August 16th 03, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[email protected] writeme.com

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 12:50:44 +0100, "amstereofan"
wrote:

I'm running Zone Alarm but is there a better alternative which gives more
info re who's trying to access ports etc ? What's that one on QVC is that
any good btw ?

groups.google.com will answer all your future FAQ's.

Andrew.
Old August 16th 03, 02:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
markp

wrote:

I'm running Zone Alarm but is there a better alternative which gives more
info re who's trying to access ports etc ? What's that one on QVC is that
any good btw ?

groups.google.com will answer all your future FAQ's.

Tried to find out who'll win next year's FA Cup but Google cound't tell me.
:-)

Mark.

Old August 16th 03, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lek

sygate personal firewall.... and its free

kerio is also good

Old August 16th 03, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

"markp" wrote in news:[email protected]
100912.news.uni-berlin.de:

wrote:

I'm running Zone Alarm but is there a better alternative which gives more
info re who's trying to access ports etc ? What's that one on QVC is that
any good btw ?

groups.google.com will answer all your future FAQ's.

Tried to find out who'll win next year's FA Cup but Google cound't tell me.
:-)

Does this help

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1019922,00.html

Old August 16th 03, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
markp

wrote:

I'm running Zone Alarm but is there a better alternative which gives

more
info re who's trying to access ports etc ? What's that one on QVC is

that
any good btw ?

groups.google.com will answer all your future FAQ's.

Tried to find out who'll win next year's FA Cup but Google cound't tell

me.
:-)

Does this help

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1019922,00.html

Oh yes, thanks! I'm off to the bookies... ;-}

Old August 17th 03, 04:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wayne Pyrah

The button that says download trial :-)
underneath the buy button
http://smb.sygate.com/download/download.php?pid=pspf

"amstereofan" wrote in message

[email protected] writeme.com wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 14:51:58 +0100, "amstereofan"
wrote:

sygate personal firewall.... and its free

Does'nt seem to be free

The free "Personal" version is:
http://smb.sygate.com/support/documents/spf/default.htm

This is just how to install etc where's the download link ?!!
http://smb.sygate.com/buy/download_buy.htm

Old August 18th 03, 08:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Gillespie

D.Middleton enlightened the world by saying on 16/08/2003 15:08:

wrote:

I'm running Zone Alarm but is there a better alternative which gives more
info re who's trying to access ports etc ? What's that one on QVC is that
any good btw ?

Well it's QVC, so it's gonna be junk...

Get a decent router with firewall capabilities, you then don't need a
software firewall giving you robbing your CPU and giving latency...

--
(A)bort, (R)etry, (P)retend this never happened . . .

Old August 18th 03, 11:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Get a decent router with firewall capabilities, you then don't need a
software firewall giving you robbing your CPU and giving latency...

Unless, of course, you want some application level control, so you know
if a trojan etc. is trying to pass out information without your
knowledge.

or you are likely to be spam filtered :-}