modem not compatible? help please

Old August 17th 03, 10:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[email protected] writeme.com

Default modem not compatible? help please

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 22:41:41 -0700, "martin"
wrote:

i run win98, i have no idea why it doesnt work, but it is my understanding
that th platform shouldnt be a problem.

Win98 isn't compatible with USB I don't think. You need Win98SE or
later from what I remember.

Andrew.
Old August 17th 03, 11:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wiraone

[email protected] writeme.com wrote in
:

wrote:

i run win98, i have no idea why it doesnt work, but it is my
understanding that th platform shouldnt be a problem.

Win98 isn't compatible with USB I don't think. You need Win98SE or
later from what I remember.

Andrew.

The original poster has PCI ADSL modem .. nothing to do with USB..
Old August 18th 03, 12:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 17 Aug 2003 22:12:38 GMT, Wiraone wrote:

Win98 isn't compatible with USB I don't think. You need Win98SE or
later from what I remember.

]
The original poster has PCI ADSL modem .. nothing to do with USB..

Oops, sorry *blush*.

Andrew.
Old August 18th 03, 12:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Can anyone tell me why a Speedstream 3060 pci modem won't work or isnt
compatible with a PII350 128m ram computer? We recently acquirted broadband
from bt but since the modem seems to hate the computer we cannae get it to
work jim. can anyone help?

Does it look like the drivers installed correctly if you go to the device
manager ?

At which point doesn`t it work ?

or you are likely to be spam filtered :-}

Old August 18th 03, 06:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
martin

i run win98, i have no idea why it doesnt work, but it is my understanding
that th platform shouldnt be a problem.

"D.Middleton" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:50:33 -0700, "martin"
wrote:

Can anyone tell me why a Speedstream 3060 pci modem won't work or isnt
compatible with a PII350 128m ram computer?

Is it the computer or the operating system that it does not like. Maybe
it is windows xp that it is not compatible with. If that is what you
have.

Bye for now.
David.
=========================