New ADSL connection

Old August 18th 03, 08:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter James

Default New ADSL connection

I am thinking of getting the Nildram ADSL package, along with the USB
modem they offer. Can I, at a later date, install a router using the
existing USB modem? I have a Realtek RTL 8139/810X family fast
Ethernet NIC card installed, and am running Windows XP (home). Many
thanks for any information.
-
Peter James
Change AT to @ to reply
Old August 18th 03, 08:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[email protected] writeme.com

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 20:12:46 +0100, Peter James
wrote:

I am thinking of getting the Nildram ADSL package, along with the USB
modem they offer. Can I, at a later date, install a router using the
existing USB modem? I have a Realtek RTL 8139/810X family fast
Ethernet NIC card installed, and am running Windows XP (home). Many
thanks for any information.

There are a few routers that can use a USB modem, but that since you
can get a router with a modem built in from 50 it seems an expensive
route to take.

Andrew.
Old August 19th 03, 08:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wiraone

Peter James wrote in
:

I am thinking of getting the Nildram ADSL package, along with the USB
modem they offer. Can I, at a later date, install a router using the
existing USB modem? I have a Realtek RTL 8139/810X family fast
Ethernet NIC card installed, and am running Windows XP (home). Many
thanks for any information.
-
Peter James
Change AT to @ to reply

How much do you need to pay for the USB modem from Nildram? If it is not
free, check Ebuyer, it has ADSL modem/router for around 35 inclusive VAT.
Seems only Draytek has router with USB support but it is quite expensive
though.