Mentor MR4C/UK problems and line characteristics

Old August 20th 03, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mathias Neumüller

Default Mentor MR4C/UK problems and line characteristics

Hi,

I'm still having trouble with the above modem router (see post "Ethernet
crashes ..."), but it's definitely not down to the LAN. It seems that
the more traffic is on the WAN network (evening etc), the more likely is
the router to crash. I've already swapped the hardware, with no change
whatsoever and my ISP (Virgin) is also unable to identify any problem.

Has anybody experienced similar problems with thir router?

One nice feature the router has, is to display the line characteristics
(SNR etc). Unfortunately I haven't got a clue what values to expect for
a healthy line. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help,
Mathias