576k with Fast4 that will do me!

Old August 20th 03, 10:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
amstereofan

Default 576k with Fast4 that will do me!

Signed up last Friday on today. Not officially but got a good hour or so as
BT are still testing. Upload of 280k also. I connected via a DUN for now
what is the proper way to connect ?

Old August 20th 03, 02:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

amstereofan wrote:
Signed up last Friday on today. Not officially but got a good hour
or so as BT are still testing. Upload of 280k also. I connected via
a DUN for now what is the proper way to connect ?

The way which is appropriate for your modem/router/connection
device...

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old August 20th 03, 06:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
amstereofan

"Kraftee" wrote in message
amstereofan wrote:
Signed up last Friday on today. Not officially but got a good hour
or so as BT are still testing. Upload of 280k also. I connected via
a DUN for now what is the proper way to connect ?

The way which is appropriate for your modem/router/connection

Comprende ? PCI modem

Old August 24th 03, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

"amstereofan" wrote in message

"Kraftee" wrote in message
amstereofan wrote:
Signed up last Friday on today. Not officially but got a good hour
or so as BT are still testing. Upload of 280k also. I connected via
a DUN for now what is the proper way to connect ?

The way which is appropriate for your modem/router/connection

Comprende ? PCI modem

Well a DUN connection sounds right if it is a PCI (or USB) modem, if it is a
router that would need you to configure it differently. 576k is the size of
the ATM channel which is 512k plus overheads

Old August 24th 03, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
amstereofan

"Kraftee" wrote in message
amstereofan wrote:
Signed up last Friday on today. Not officially but got a good hour
or so as BT are still testing. Upload of 280k also. I connected via
a DUN for now what is the proper way to connect ?

The way which is appropriate for your modem/router/connection

Comprende ? PCI modem

Well a DUN connection sounds right if it is a PCI (or USB) modem, if it is

router that would need you to configure it differently. 576k is the size

of
the ATM channel which is 512k plus overheads

Is this average speed these days for a 512 service. ATM channel ?