Quick NTE5/ADSL wiring question...

Old August 20th 03, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default Quick NTE5/ADSL wiring question...

Using one of the "genuine" BT Master ADSL faceplates/adaptors as sold by
Clarity (at http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_bits.htm)...

If the faceplate is being fitted to an NTE5/master socket which has no
extensions running from it - can someone just confirm that its only
necessary to replace the old NTE5 frontplate with the ADSL one and that
there is no wiring (or need for Krone tool etc) needed.

TIA

Regards
Sunil

Old August 20th 03, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Sunil Sood wrote:
Using one of the "genuine" BT Master ADSL faceplates/adaptors as
sold by Clarity (at http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_bits.htm)...

If the faceplate is being fitted to an NTE5/master socket which has
no extensions running from it - can someone just confirm that its
only necessary to replace the old NTE5 frontplate with the ADSL one
and that there is no wiring (or need for Krone tool etc) needed.

TIA

Regards
Sunil

All that's needed is a screwdriver...

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old August 20th 03, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:08:07 +0100, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

If the faceplate is being fitted to an NTE5/master socket which has no
extensions running from it - can someone just confirm that its only
necessary to replace the old NTE5 frontplate with the ADSL one and that
there is no wiring (or need for Krone tool etc) needed.

yes, I did that then later added an extension.

Phil
Old August 21st 03, 07:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Kraftee" wrote in message
Sunil Sood wrote:
Using one of the "genuine" BT Master ADSL faceplates/adaptors as
sold by Clarity (at http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_bits.htm)...

If the faceplate is being fitted to an NTE5/master socket which has
no extensions running from it - can someone just confirm that its
only necessary to replace the old NTE5 frontplate with the ADSL one
and that there is no wiring (or need for Krone tool etc) needed.

All that's needed is a screwdriver...

Thanks - just as I thought...

Its been 3 years since the BT engineer did it to the other line so my
memory was a bit fuzzy

Regards
Sunil

Old August 21st 03, 08:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 00:04:40 UTC, "lob_on"
top posted:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:08:07 UTC, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

Using one of the "genuine" BT Master ADSL faceplates/adaptors as sold by
Clarity (at http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_bits.htm)...

If the faceplate is being fitted to an NTE5/master socket which has no
extensions running from it - can someone just confirm that its only
necessary to replace the old NTE5 frontplate with the ADSL one and that
there is no wiring (or need for Krone tool etc) needed.

Absolutely. I use that POTS line only for ADSL as the rest of the house
has ISDN. Bang the faceplate on...job done.

unless you are star wired??

line tapped into before hits nte for extension

As I said....I use the line ONLY for ADSL, so that comment is not
relevant.

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70, PC/AT..

Old August 23rd 03, 12:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lek

mmmmmm not quite so bob... you can have problems even when using nothing but
adsl on a house that is star wired

i have seen several cases

rde at tavi.co.uk

Old August 23rd 03, 12:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Lek wrote:
mmmmmm not quite so bob... you can have problems even when using
nothing but adsl on a house that is star wired

i have seen several cases

Especially if they have more than one master on it (yes it does
happen) ;-(

Old August 23rd 03, 11:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 23:05:30 UTC, "Lek" wrote:

mmmmmm not quite so bob... you can have problems even when using nothing but
adsl on a house that is star wired

That may well be so...but I was referring to a situation where (in my
case) there IS not star wiring. Just a filter on the NTE, and one short
cable to the router. No other wiring, no phone...
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk