out of reach for bb

Old August 21st 03, 01:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lob_on

Default out of reach for bb

i live 5.5km for my exchange , currently using isdn with no probs .i want
/need to upgrade to bband. bt today told me i am out of range for bb.
but she said that they are currently trialing running it further 6-7km/
anybody know when trial finishes and how successful trial was?

Old August 21st 03, 08:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"chris" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 00:02:43 +0000 (UTC) and in article bi1273$9tt$1
@titan.btinternet.com, lob_on said...
: i live 5.5km for my exchange , currently using isdn with no probs .i

want
: /need to upgrade to bband. bt today told me i am out of range for bb.
: but she said that they are currently trialing running it further 6-7km/
: anybody know when trial finishes and how successful trial was?
:
It's ongoing.

--
chris

Theoretically the range increases to 6km, i.e. an increase from 55db
attenuation to 60db attenuation on the line as the pass mark for the
insertion test. Rumoured to be available September.

Working fine here at around 60db.

There are trial places still available, but not to ISDN to ADSL converters
unfortunately.

Jc.

Old August 21st 03, 12:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:10:06 +0100, "Josey"
wrote:

There are trial places still available, but not to ISDN to ADSL converters
unfortunately.

unless you bite the bullet and pay 50 for the conversion, risking
another 75 to have highway instaled again.

Phil
Old August 21st 03, 02:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

wrote:

There are trial places still available, but not to ISDN to ADSL

converters
unfortunately.

unless you bite the bullet and pay 50 for the conversion, risking
another 75 to have highway instaled again.

Phil

An if you can get it done in time.

Jc.