am I unique ?

Old August 21st 03, 08:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phian

Default am I unique ?

According to various newsgroup contributors, my experience must be unusual
to say the least.
Last evening I rang the BTOpenworld broadband helpdesk. The call was
answered very soon after the recorded announcements, the man who answered
was courteous and appeared to know what he was talking about and the problem
was sorted. I have rarely had need to call this helpdesk but have always
been pleased with the result. I have seen many complaints about various
aspects of BTO so thought it only fair to post something positive.

Phian

Old August 21st 03, 08:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[email protected] writeme.com

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 07:08:18 +0000 (UTC), "Phian"
wrote:

According to various newsgroup contributors, my experience must be unusual
to say the least.
Last evening I rang the BTOpenworld broadband helpdesk. The call was
answered very soon after the recorded announcements, the man who answered
was courteous and appeared to know what he was talking about and the problem
was sorted. I have rarely had need to call this helpdesk but have always
been pleased with the result. I have seen many complaints about various
aspects of BTO so thought it only fair to post something positive.

God, I wish I had him to talk to when I had the misfortune to be with
BTO for a year. Every call involved them pointlessly telling me to
reinstall TCPIP among other crap advice.

To be fair a lot of them were courteous. Useless, but courteous. They
try to impress you by saying they are taking your problem seriously
and will phone you back with a resolution plan. But then they never
phone back and you have to talk to the next droid and start the whole
process again.

Andrew.
Old August 21st 03, 08:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phian

God, I wish I had him to talk to when I had the misfortune to be with
BTO for a year. Every call involved them pointlessly telling me to
reinstall TCPIP among other crap advice.

To be fair a lot of them were courteous. Useless, but courteous. They
try to impress you by saying they are taking your problem seriously
and will phone you back with a resolution plan. But then they never
phone back and you have to talk to the next droid and start the whole
process again.

Andrew.

That has never happened to me, they have always dealt with it while I was on
line to them or told me that it was not in their remit - annoying but they
were right. After this bit of praise, I am keeping my fingers crossed that
nothing will happen to change my view.

Phian

Old August 21st 03, 10:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham in Melton

On 21/8/03 8:08 am, in article , "Phian"
wrote:

According to various newsgroup contributors, my experience must be unusual
to say the least.
Last evening I rang the BTOpenworld broadband helpdesk. The call was
answered very soon after the recorded announcements, the man who answered
was courteous and appeared to know what he was talking about and the problem
was sorted. I have rarely had need to call this helpdesk but have always
been pleased with the result. I have seen many complaints about various
aspects of BTO so thought it only fair to post something positive.

Phian

(inserts tongue in cheek)

No you're not unique, but your expectations or demands were very low, so
anything would be a pleasant experience.

Old August 21st 03, 11:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Draxen

"Phian" wrote in message

God, I wish I had him to talk to when I had the misfortune to be with
BTO for a year. Every call involved them pointlessly telling me to
reinstall TCPIP among other crap advice.

To be fair a lot of them were courteous. Useless, but courteous. They
try to impress you by saying they are taking your problem seriously
and will phone you back with a resolution plan. But then they never
phone back and you have to talk to the next droid and start the whole
process again.

Andrew.

That has never happened to me, they have always dealt with it while I was

on
line to them or told me that it was not in their remit - annoying but they
were right. After this bit of praise, I am keeping my fingers crossed that
nothing will happen to change my view.

Well, touch wood my friend, I hope you're right.

Personally after two years with BTO I am *so* glad to be rid of them. I'm a
customer who just wants an IP connection, no port throttling or blocking but
no frills and extras either, so most ISP's would suit me. The only reason I
went with BTO was coz they said they could shave two weeks off the then four
week wait for activation. This turned out to be a fraudulent claim.
But it was their helpdesk (ho-ho) that actually drove me away from them.
With only one or two exceptions, and I reckon I spoke to about two dozen
people with half a dozen support calls over two years, I found them to be
extremely ignorant and arrogant. They blindly follow their script without
listening to the customer except when they pick up on one or two keyphrases.

Bah, sorry, bitter memories. Well you're happy with BTO and I'm happy to be
free of them, guess it's a win-win situation.

Old August 21st 03, 11:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

Phian wrote:
According to various newsgroup contributors, my experience must be
unusual to say the least.
Last evening I rang the BTOpenworld broadband helpdesk. The call was
answered very soon after the recorded announcements, the man who
answered was courteous and appeared to know what he was talking about
and the problem was sorted. I have rarely had need to call this
helpdesk but have always been pleased with the result. I have seen
many complaints about various aspects of BTO so thought it only fair
to post something positive.

Phian

You are NOT a beautiful and unique snowflake.