What does this mean

Old August 21st 03, 06:02 PM posted to uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband
Patrick Ross

Default What does this mean

Hi Folks

Can someone point out what this actually means.

I know i need to cancel my Homehighway

But it mentions that i am on the limit of receiving ADSL ?

Does that mean i can receive @ most 2mb ?

Is my telephone line suitable for ADSL?
An initial check on your telephone line shows that you are on the limit of
receiving ADSL.
You may still be able to receive ADSL services at up to 2Mbps downstream and
256kbps upstream (depending on the distance between you and your exchange).

Fixed rate ADSL
Rate adaptive ADSL (variable upstream speeds)
Are there any other problems on my line?
An initial check found Home Highway on your line.

Old August 21st 03, 06:45 PM posted to uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband
Patrick Ross

Cheers

Yet this is what it tells me on the bt.com/broadband site

For Telephone Number * on Exchange BAILLIESTON

Good news - Your exchange will have broadband ADSL by 1st October 2003.

Our initial test on your line suggests that you may be able to have a
broadband ADSL service that provides up to 2Mbps download speed.

If you decide to place an order, a further test will be done to confirm if
your line is suitable, and if so for what speed of service.

"NAZGUL" wrote in message
s.com...
It is saying that you are amber amber which means you are a fair way from
the exchange but may be able to get it but more tests will need to be

done.

--
CLAN JAGUAR
-------------------------

Old August 21st 03, 08:18 PM posted to uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Patrick Ross" wrote in message
I know i need to cancel my Homehighway

But it mentions that i am on the limit of receiving ADSL ?

Erm - don't cancel Home Highway.. see if you can get your ISP to do a
HH-- ADSL coversion

It costs the same I believe but means that BT will reinstall HH if you
can't get ADSL for any reason.

Regards
Sunil