Fast24 anyone?

Old August 22nd 03, 12:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Maximilian K.

Default Fast24 anyone?

Hmm. Under 20 *ex. VAT* you mean?
No ***512*** kbit/sec service I'm aware of offers services for 20 inc.VAT.
(though there may be cheaper 256 kbit/sec services but of course I don't
consider 256 kbit/sec to be "broadband" just because most "broadband"
content is streaming at 250-300 kbit/sec.)

27.99 for twice as much speed may be a reasonable price, but - "best value"
usually comes with strings attached.

There is an alternative indeed - Bulldog. But you better go to
ADSLguide.org.uk and read the rant on the forum first.
Bulldog is not only available in London area. I've checked and my area would
support a 2 Mbit/sec link TODAY.

--
_______________________
Maximillian!

"amstereofan" wrote in message
I would'nt say 27.99 is that cheap when quite a few ISP's offer 512MB for
under 20. Gone are the days with the rip off 40 for a decent adsl

service
thanks goodness. At last the UK appear to have caught up with the rest of
the world apart from Taiwan's 8MB service for about 15 apparently

"Dr Teeth" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:54:28 +0100, "gpm"
wrote:

thinking of getting their 1MB service
(27.99).

There's not much profit for them at that price. Something will have to
give in the future...I'd be cautious.

If an offer seems too good to be true, it usually is!

Cheers,

Guy

"If you want to find out what is wrong
with democracy, spend five minutes with
the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Old August 22nd 03, 12:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 23:43:32 UTC, "Maximilian K."
wrote:

Hmm. Under 20 *ex. VAT* you mean?
No ***512*** kbit/sec service I'm aware of offers services for 20 inc.VAT.

PlusNet offered a service for 18.99 last time I looked.
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70...

Old August 23rd 03, 03:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Horne

wrote:

Hmm. Under 20 *ex. VAT* you mean?
No ***512*** kbit/sec service I'm aware of offers services for 20 inc.VAT.

PlusNet offered a service for 18.99 last time I looked.

Including VAT, last time you looked?

David

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.co.uk
davidhorne (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk