Fast24 anyone?

Old August 22nd 03, 05:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tHatDudeUK

Default Fast24 anyone?

"amstereofan" wrote in message
I would'nt say 27.99 is that cheap when quite a few ISP's offer 512MB for
under 20. Gone are the days with the rip off 40 for a decent adsl

service
thanks goodness. At last the UK appear to have caught up with the rest of
the world apart from Taiwan's 8MB service for about 15 apparently

And Japan gets much faster than that for an equally cheap price....
Unfortunate we live in Britain where prices are such a rip off. Fast24 will
be buying the connections wholesale off BT though using Datastream and In
span handover. I don't know how much this costs and hence how much they
make...

I ordered the 1mb service and am waiting. The customer service is sh**e. Get
more response from a brick wall when asking about provisional ADSL
activation dates.

Old August 23rd 03, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tHatDudeUK

"amstereofan" wrote in message
I would say around 18 is what ADSL should be by now. At least the price

is
the same if not cheaper as USA and Europe

Problem is BT's wholesale rip off prices have to be paid by the broadband
provider and they've got to make money at the end of the day.

It's interesting that when you ask to cancel BTopenworld the first thing
they do is offer a discount!