what I need . . . but where to get it?

Old August 22nd 03, 04:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

Default what I need . . . but where to get it?

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:34:58 GMT, (Peter
Montgomery) wrote:

At the moment there are 2 computers in the house which both use the
same dial-in account. Obviously I want both computers to use the same
broadband connection. I think this is possible, but not sure how. I
will need a broadband modem and any connections necessary for the 2nd
computer.

Is this fairly easy to set up? Is there an ISP who will arrange the
boradband conections AND provide all the equipment I need at
reasonable cost - and who thereafter will provide a good service as an
ISP. In other words an ISP who can arrange everything I need -
including placing the order with BT to provide boradband.

www.aaisp.net would be a good choice.

Incidentally - can both computers access the internet the broadband at
the same time?

Yes, subject to the router and network cards in the PC's.

And broadband means that the phone line isnt tied up? Right?

Yes.

Sorry - this must make me sound very thick to most of you - but I
would appreciate your advice.

Oh yes one other thing - Im pretty sure that my own computer is up to
the job - but the second computer is a Pentium 200, running Windows 95
with 64 megs RAM and no USB ports. I guess this will need to be
upgraded. Would Windows 98SE be ok (thats what I run on my own
computer).

This W95 PC would be OK - as long as a suitable network card were
installed and linked to the ADSL router.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker