Netgear Routers - Firmware Upgrade recommended

Old August 22nd 03, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Smith

Default Netgear Routers - Firmware Upgrade recommended

Flawed Netgear Routers have been flooding the University of Wisconsin'
Internet Time Server ... Netgear have got new firmware available for

RP614v2, RP614, MR814, DG814 and HR314:

from

http://www.netgear.com/support/dnld_main.asp

and as detailed at

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~plonka/netgear-sntp/#ToC22

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~plonka/netgear-sntp

provides the full salutory tale.

Old August 23rd 03, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Twinkletoes

"Brett..." wrote in message

| The latest version on the site above is 4.8 (for the DG814)
| I didn't find this stable and am currently running V4.9RC1 which has
been
| very stable since I installed it.

Hi Brett, where did you get 4.9RC1 from?

Thanks,
Steve

Old August 24th 03, 06:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brett...

Twinkletoes wrote:
"Brett..." wrote in message

The latest version on the site above is 4.8 (for the DG814)
I didn't find this stable and am currently running V4.9RC1 which has
been very stable since I installed it.

Hi Brett, where did you get 4.9RC1 from?

Thanks,
Steve

http://www.netgear.fr/support/drivers.asp
The driver is in English!

--
Brett

I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything
specifically.