Netgear DG814

Old August 23rd 03, 07:02 PM posted to btopenworld.broadband.chat,btopenworld.broadband.support,uk.telecom.broadband
Deadly_M

Default Netgear DG814

Can anyone shed some light on the problem with the DG814 from NETGEAR ?
Is seems very unstable , ive tried various versions of its firmware but that
hasn't helped much.
Its either that i cant log into it to change settings or that it looses its
ADSL connection
sometimes i get corrupted HTML when i log into it
If i run Overnet or E-donkey after about 5 mins it drops the connection and
i need to re-boot it
What is going on ? , is this a legit reason to demand a refund ?

Thanx in advance

_____________________________________

Matthew Purves , (Deadly_M)
www.DeadlyM.com

Old August 23rd 03, 10:25 PM posted to btopenworld.broadband.chat,btopenworld.broadband.support,uk.telecom.broadband
tHatDudeUK

"Deadly_M" wrote in message
news
Can anyone shed some light on the problem with the DG814 from NETGEAR ?
Is seems very unstable , ive tried various versions of its firmware but

that
hasn't helped much.
Its either that i cant log into it to change settings or that it looses

its
ADSL connection
sometimes i get corrupted HTML when i log into it
If i run Overnet or E-donkey after about 5 mins it drops the connection

and
i need to re-boot it
What is going on ? , is this a legit reason to demand a refund ?

I believe from other things I've read it's a well known problem, especially
with the filesharing apps you mention. I'd say yes it is adequate reason as
it doesn't function as expected from the advertised desription....

Old August 24th 03, 05:28 PM posted to btopenworld.broadband.chat,btopenworld.broadband.support,uk.telecom.broadband
Edward J Martin

You're pretty fortunate. At least you have a connection. I'm on my third
DG814. The previous two just stopped working for no apparent reason. Hoping
that third time is lucky.

Edward

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message

news

Old August 24th 03, 05:52 PM posted to btopenworld.broadband.chat,btopenworld.broadband.support,uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Yarrow

"Deadly_M" wrote in message ...
Can anyone shed some light on the problem with the DG814 from NETGEAR ?
Is seems very unstable , ive tried various versions of its firmware but that
hasn't helped much.
Its either that i cant log into it to change settings or that it looses its
ADSL connection
sometimes i get corrupted HTML when i log into it
If i run Overnet or E-donkey after about 5 mins it drops the connection and
i need to re-boot it
What is going on ? , is this a legit reason to demand a refund ?

Thanx in advance

_____________________________________

Matthew Purves , (Deadly_M)
www.DeadlyM.com

Just out of interest, as I have been considering the DG814, what
recent firmware versions have you tried?

Many thanks, Nick
Old August 25th 03, 11:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Smith

MagicUK said:

I have a dg814 and its been working fine since bought last year, working
like a router should do lol, no disconnects amd all, info to setup:

System Name
Firmware Version V4.8 July. 09, 2003

Modem
ADSL Firmware Version 3.9.122
Modem Status Connected
Connect Mode Fast Mode
Down Stream 576 Kb/s
Up Stream 288 Kb/s
VPI 0
VCI 38

MTU 1478

Absolutely, couldn't agree more - had mine for approx 7 weeks now (since
having broadband) and it is rock solid. It saddens me to see so many people
having difficulties with theirs. :-(

My info, FWIW:

Firmware Version 4.4 Oct. 28, 2002

Modem ADSL Firmware Version 3.8.231

MTU 1458.

Stephen.

Old August 26th 03, 06:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ritchie

"Stephen Smith" wrote in message ...
Absolutely, couldn't agree more - had mine for approx 7 weeks now (since
having broadband) and it is rock solid. It saddens me to see so many people
having difficulties with theirs. :-(

Same here. I'm still running firmware 4.4. Whilst the DG814 isn't perfect,
it is excellent value for money.

--
Ritchie

Old August 27th 03, 02:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les Desser

In article , Ritchie
writes
--
Ritchie

Just to inform, your sig. separator has the space missing after the two
dashes.
--
Les Desser
Old August 27th 03, 02:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les Desser

In article , Ritchie
writes
"Stephen Smith" wrote in message
Absolutely, couldn't agree more - had mine for approx 7 weeks now (since
having broadband) and it is rock solid. It saddens me to see so many people
having difficulties with theirs. :-(

Same here. I'm still running firmware 4.4. Whilst the DG814 isn't perfect,
it is excellent value for money.

Based on postings over the last year or more, there seems to be
exchanges that did not work well with the DG814. I thought the later
software versions (4.6 or so) had sorted that. Seems that maybe it is
still a problem.

--
Les Desser