freeserve broadband

Old August 24th 03, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Broom

Default freeserve broadband

Been using FS since 98 & moved to BB in Nov 2002. It just works - one
outage of around 5 hours but almost certain this was my local exchange
as I saw the service come back and it had all the hallmarks of major
software application and re-boot of the DSLAM.

Other than that speeds are good (up is around 50k/bs down around
30K/bs) but then I'm less than 2K ft by wire from the exchange.

Support is via a 0870 number as you say - only used it once to check
on the above outage. There was some fairly major disruption to certain
parts of the network at the time and all their agents were busy but a
call receptionist took my details and said someone would ring me back.
They did about an hour and a half later. I didn't think this was too
bad under the circumstances.

I'd be interested in finding out more on the 19.99 bit.

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 09:56:57 +0100, "ferg"
wrote:

-- Hows freeserve broadband doing at moment,speed,support etc and am
correct that support is 24/7 on a 0870 number?
Been offered special 19.99 rate but quite a few negative
posts,like to
hear from people using freeserve at moment esp via router

ferg

remove nospam to reply

--
"I see nothing wrong with giving Robert some legal experience
as Attorney General before he goes out to practice law."

JFK
__
*nb anti spam measure* remove "glasses" *before* replying* (unless I've already done so of course)
Harry Broom, Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK.
Old August 25th 03, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Broom

Your'e dead right, I got it the wrong way round (didn't engage brain
before using fingers).

Recent speeds using adslguide tests

16/08/2003 03:58

Direction Actual Speed True Speed (estimated)
Downstream 470 Kbps (58.8 KB/sec) 507 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 244 Kbps (30.5 KB/sec) 263 Kbps (inc. overheads)

This is typical but like I said in the earlier post I expect that this
has more to do with the exchange rather than FS. The above is at the
end of a radio link with me being the only one on at the time.

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 21:05:44 +0100, "amstereofan"
wrote:

"Harry Broom "
wrote in message
Been using FS since 98 & moved to BB in Nov 2002. It just works - one
outage of around 5 hours but almost certain this was my local exchange
as I saw the service come back and it had all the hallmarks of major
software application and re-boot of the DSLAM.

Other than that speeds are good (up is around 50k/bs down around
30K/bs) but then I'm less than 2K ft by wire from the exchange.

Don't you mean 50k down and 30k up ? What is your connection speed ?