HomeHighway

Old August 24th 03, 03:46 PM posted to uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband
Patrick Ross

Default HomeHighway

Hi Folks

Any one experienced cancelling there isdn homehighway.
ie paying a charge/fee for early termination.

How long is the lead time to cancel it, and does a BT guy need to call out
to remove box etc...

The reason i am asking this is so i can cancel it now, and then apply for
ADSL, on a normal line with Plusnet or Fast24.

I just do want to wait like 15 days for ADSL cause bt convert me over from
ISDN...

Cheers

Patrick

Old August 24th 03, 04:10 PM posted to uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Patrick Ross" wrote in message
Any one experienced cancelling there isdn homehighway.
ie paying a charge/fee for early termination.

How long is the lead time to cancel it, and does a BT guy need to call

out
to remove box etc...

The reason i am asking this is so i can cancel it now, and then apply

for
ADSL, on a normal line with Plusnet or Fast24.

I just do want to wait like 15 days for ADSL cause bt convert me over

from
ISDN...

While it may take a few days longer, I would recommend going down the
HH--ADSL conversion route.

This is just in case you fail the line test - at least then BT will
immediately reconnect your HH service as part of the conversion.

Otherwise, assuming you want HH again you would have to pay a new
installation fee and enter a new 12month congtract

Regards
Sunil

Old August 24th 03, 04:37 PM posted to uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Sunil Sood wrote:
[...]

Another little pointer, if you do decide to convert back to analogue &
then go for DSL, make sure that you get an engineers visit to remove
the HH unit from the circuit, as sometimes they don't & until it is
you can kiss any DSL service goodby (yes analogue telephoney will work
with a HH box connected)..

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old August 24th 03, 07:06 PM posted to uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband
Patrick Ross

Hi

Surely if i cancel the homehighway, bt will come out and take away the box
and put me back to ptsn at the exchange instead of digital ?

then i can order dsl when my exchange is enabled. meaniing up to a week to
be activted, rather than 2 if i canvert isdn to adsl ?

Patrick