DECT Phones

Old August 24th 03, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Noel Bell

Default DECT Phones

I remember some correspondence on this, or a similar newsgroup a while ago,
about conflicts between certain
DECT phones and ADSL.

I'm considering buying a DECT phone, and just wondered if anyone knew of the
existence of a list of those which have been proven to work.

I've tried googling without success.

Regards,

Noel

Old August 24th 03, 06:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TEQ

"Noel Bell" wrote in message
I remember some correspondence on this, or a similar newsgroup a while

ago,
about conflicts between certain
DECT phones and ADSL.

I'm considering buying a DECT phone, and just wondered if anyone knew of

the
existence of a list of those which have been proven to work.

I've tried googling without success.

Regards,

Noel

Dunno about a list, but have used various BT labelled DECT phones and not
had a problem with any of them.

Old August 24th 03, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Underwood

"Tiny Tim" wrote in message
Noel Bell wrote:
I remember some correspondence on this, or a similar newsgroup a
while ago, about conflicts between certain
DECT phones and ADSL.

I'm considering buying a DECT phone, and just wondered if anyone knew
of the existence of a list of those which have been proven to work.

I've tried googling without success.

Regards,

Noel

No problem with Panasonic DECT or Ericsson DECT with an Alcatel Speedtouch
USB modem.

Some DECT phones even cause problems with 56 K/sec analogue modems. My
girlfriend has to unplug her DECT phone when she wants to use the modem
because otherwise the modem connects at only a few K/sec instead of managing
45 K/sec when the phone's unplugged. Not sure why this should be - if the
phone is on-hook, it should be presenting no load on the line. It's not RF
transmission because the phone's base unit can be powered-on and not cause a
problem unless its phone line is plugged in.

Old August 24th 03, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiny Tim

Martin Underwood wrote:
"Tiny Tim" wrote in message
Noel Bell wrote:
[...]

These days I'm back on dialup and connect at between 46.6k and 50.6k with
one Ericsson and one Panasonic DECT phone sharing the same line and all
connected at the same time. When I had ADSL I did use the supplied filters.

Old August 24th 03, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Noel Bell wrote:
I remember some correspondence on this, or a similar newsgroup a
while ago, about conflicts between certain
DECT phones and ADSL.

I'm considering buying a DECT phone, and just wondered if anyone
knew of the existence of a list of those which have been proven to
work.

I've tried googling without success.

Regards,

Noel

The few times I've come against problems between DECT phones & DSL
have normally been cured by double filtering the phone so it's not a
major problem. Sorry I can't remember which manufacturers/models they
were (but synergy does come to mind, but some people say they aren't
truly DECT anyway)...

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old August 24th 03, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"Kraftee" wrote in message
Noel Bell wrote:
I remember some correspondence on this, or a similar newsgroup a
while ago, about conflicts between certain
DECT phones and ADSL.

I'm considering buying a DECT phone, and just wondered if anyone
knew of the existence of a list of those which have been proven to
work.

I've tried googling without success.

Regards,

Noel

The few times I've come against problems between DECT phones & DSL
have normally been cured by double filtering the phone so it's not a
major problem. Sorry I can't remember which manufacturers/models they
were (but synergy does come to mind, but some people say they aren't
truly DECT anyway)...

I have an old BT diverse 2010 DECT. With just the (BT style) NTE faceplate
splitter it had two problems. Distinct noise from the ADSL signal, and the
router would drop when the phone was hung up (unusually). Double filtering
with a Fujitsu style filter sorted this out.

Jc.

Old August 24th 03, 10:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Kraftee" wrote in message
(but synergy does come to mind, but some people say they aren't
truly DECT anyway)...

Why do some people think Synergy phones aren't "truly DECT"?

Asking as someone who has just realised he has a Synergy 600! - How do
people find these phones anyway - they appear "noisey"(poor sound
quality etc) to me...

Regards
Sunil

Old August 24th 03, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Sunil Sood wrote:
"Kraftee" wrote in message
(but synergy does come to mind, but some people say they aren't
truly DECT anyway)...

Why do some people think Synergy phones aren't "truly DECT"?

Asking as someone who has just realised he has a Synergy 600! - How
do people find these phones anyway - they appear "noisey"(poor sound
quality etc) to me...

Regards
Sunil

Haven't got one mayself but know of instances where they were picking
up noise from DSL lines (with the correct filtering as well) also
known them to have problems working in HH analogue ports. My son has
had 3 different units in the last year.

So I'm afraid they are not a line I would recomend, now if you had
Diverse that's another matter.

Sunil can you supply the URL for the BT shop please, yes I know i
should have it but you know how it goes, it got lost in the mountain
of in house post I'm getting (especially with all the Project Watford
rubbish)...

Thanks..

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old August 24th 03, 11:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Lewis

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 17:32:15 GMT, "Martin Underwood"
wrote:

"Tiny Tim" wrote in message
Noel Bell wrote:
[...]

aiui DECT phones are set to have the ability to display CLID. It
can't differentiate between that signal and your modem. Your modem
startst to communicate with the DECT, then by the time the call gets
out the modem has negotiated down to v34 and you get a 33kbs
connection.

--
TonyL
Old August 24th 03, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Kraftee" wrote in message
Sunil can you supply the URL for the BT shop please, yes I know i
should have it but you know how it goes, it got lost in the mountain
of in house post I'm getting (especially with all the Project Watford
rubbish)...

You mean http://www.shop.bt.com/ ?

Regards
Sunil