I'm changing from NTL to BT - good idea?

Old August 24th 03, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
belfast biker

Default I'm changing from NTL to BT - good idea?

Hi, the NTL news server is truly awful, so I'm changing to BT.

Any reason why I shouldn't?
--
------- o
----- #\,
Old August 24th 03, 08:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

belfast biker wrote:
Hi, the NTL news server is truly awful, so I'm changing to BT.

Any reason why I shouldn't?

Yes, change to Pipex, Plusnet or one of the others who are cheaper,
yes they are avalaible over the BT network. If you must, go with BT
Openworld as BT Broadband doesn't include newsgroups in their basic
packages,,,

What do you mean you didn't know there was a difference between BT
Openworld or Broadband.

Just don't dive out of the frying pan & into the fire & whatever you
do _DON'T_ just phone 151 as the droid will just order you BT
Broadband.

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old August 24th 03, 08:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Barrie

Having recently switched from BTOpenworld to NTL, (for digital TV, increased
internet speed and cost), I can confirm that the news groups on Openworld
were in general fine, however don't expect to get the alt.binary groups,
when they do work there are always posts missing. I think NTL, with all it's
faults, (binary news groups included) , is better, at least when the binary
groups do work I appear to get all the posts.

PS No complaints about BTOpenworld, I was with them for 2 years and only
left for the above reasons. I must be easily pleased as I think NTL 600KB is
pretty good in the 2 months I've been with them.

Old August 24th 03, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"belfast biker" wrote in message
Hi, the NTL news server is truly awful, so I'm changing to BT.

If you are after binaries consider getting ADSL from Claranet..

Regards
Sunil

Old August 24th 03, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
belfast biker

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 20:27:11 +0100, "Kraftee"
wrote:

Yes, change to Pipex, Plusnet or one of the others who are cheaper,
yes they are avalaible over the BT network. If you must, go with BT
Openworld as BT Broadband doesn't include newsgroups in their basic
packages,,,

What do you mean you didn't know there was a difference between BT
Openworld or Broadband.

( this and other posts - cheers all)

What?!?!? Difference? No usenet? Argh!!!!

--
------- o
----- #\,
Old August 24th 03, 11:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
belfast biker

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 20:05:13 +0100, belfast biker wrote:

Hi, the NTL news server is truly awful, so I'm changing to BT.
Any reason why I shouldn't?

OK, been to a few discussion and testing sites, and I think it's PIPEX
for me now....

--
------- o
----- #\,