BT Boradband - Cannot Connect!

Old August 25th 03, 03:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Scott

Default BT Boradband - Cannot Connect!

Hi all,
Dont know if anyone will be able to help me here. I ordered BT Broadband
last week, and was given a connection date of Wednesday, however it is
connected today, being Monday. The data light has stopped flashing etc.
Anyways, when I go to connect via the DUN that I created myself, I am told
that "The computer you're dialing in to cannot establish a Dial-Up
Networking connection.
Check your password, and then try again." Now the last time I used BT
Broadband, you didnt need a username or password, you could type anything in
and it would work. Is this still the case? Are there any other reasons why
I would be getting this message?
TIA
Andrew

Old August 25th 03, 03:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark&Lisa

Andrew Scott wrote:
Hi all,
Dont know if anyone will be able to help me here. I ordered BT Broadband
last week, and was given a connection date of Wednesday, however it is
connected today, being Monday. The data light has stopped flashing etc.
Anyways, when I go to connect via the DUN that I created myself, I am told
that "The computer you're dialing in to cannot establish a Dial-Up
Networking connection.
Check your password, and then try again." Now the last time I used BT
Broadband, you didnt need a username or password, you could type anything in
and it would work. Is this still the case? Are there any other reasons why
I would be getting this message?
TIA
Andrew

you need a userid and password but try a userid of
in to test if adsl is working

Old August 25th 03, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark&Lisa

John Edgar wrote:
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:02:32 +0100, "Andrew Scott"
wrote:

Hi all,
Dont know if anyone will be able to help me here. I ordered BT Broadband
last week, and was given a connection date of Wednesday, however it is
connected today, being Monday. The data light has stopped flashing etc.
Anyways, when I go to connect via the DUN that I created myself, I am told
that "The computer you're dialing in to cannot establish a Dial-Up
Networking connection.
Check your password, and then try again." Now the last time I used BT
Broadband, you didnt need a username or password, you could type anything in
and it would work. Is this still the case? Are there any other reasons why
I would be getting this message?
TIA
Andrew

Is BT Boradband another service from BT, on top of BT Broadband and BT
Openworld Broadband?
In limine sapientiae

no you left strict mode switched on in error
illegitimi non carborundum

Old August 25th 03, 05:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Scott

Mark&Lisa wrote in message
John Edgar wrote:
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:02:32 +0100, "Andrew Scott"
wrote:

Hi all,

Andrew

Is BT Boradband another service from BT, on top of BT Broadband and BT
Openworld Broadband?
In limine sapientiae

no you left strict mode switched on in error
illegitimi non carborundum

It is BT Broadband, the Internet, without the service LOL. I had it before
and was told I could use any old username and password because there was no
service with it, the server didnt need to know who I was. It is NOT BT
Openworld! Whats all this about strict mode? Some info: I am using a
Fujitsu FDX 310 modem, and the bit down nextt o the clock says: Staet: DATA.
Modulation G.DMT, Data Rates are (recieve) 288, (transmit) 576. I created a
DUN Connection with the phone number 0,38 thats what Ive used previously
with no problems, maybe this is wrong? Ive checked all the setting within
DUN and I have set it to use the Fujitsu and no my 56K modem, and I cant
think of any other setting in there that would make this do this. I called
the BT Broadband support desk and was told that my line shouldn't be
activated yet, and as I am not being charged for the service, they will not
help me until Wednesday. I know its only a few days, but Its annoying me!
And I am also under the impression that if its not working now, it wont be
working on Wednesday either...
Thanks for any help!
Andrew

Old August 25th 03, 05:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark&Lisa

Andrew Scott wrote:

wrote:

[...]

did you try a userid of in to test if adsl is
working yet

Old August 25th 03, 05:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Scott

Colin Wilson wrote in message
t...
Is BT Boradband another service from BT, on top of BT Broadband and BT
Openworld Broadband?

Boradband is the one that works, the rest aren`t worth the price of the
initial phone call requesting it :-p

or you are likely to be spam filtered :-}

Old August 25th 03, 07:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
neil

yes any one can use
Don't ask how I know

but why word you?