Connecting an DSL-300G+ to a DI-614+

Old August 25th 03, 09:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
B Hope

Default Connecting an DSL-300G+ to a DI-614+

Hi

I am not sure if this helps since I have the 624 but in my case it is the
300G which gives the router its IP address and then the router gives the
computers on the local network their IP addresses using DHCP. (I am
assuming that your router has a WAN connection as well as the LAN ports).

However, there is one complication. The default address to access the
settings of my router is 192.168.0.1 and the same address is used on the
300G and the address of the 300G cannot be changed. Before connecting the
300G, first of all access the router by typing http://192.168.0.1 into the
address bar of your browser. I changed the default address of the router to
a different subnet e.g 192.168.1.1 or a different private address e.g
10.0.0.1 and saved the settings. Turn everything off and power them up the
following order, 300G, then the router then the computers on the network.
Now you can access the 300G and input the ISP ADSL settings (username,
password, VCI etc) by typing http://192.168.0.1 into your browser and you
can access the router by typing in whatever private address you chose
earlier if you need to amend any of the router's settings.

I'm no techie, but following the above I have a nice set-up working but
remember, my router is the 624 (a wireless 54G access point) and some of
what I've said may not apply to the 614.

If you still have problems, try D Link support. I have always found them
very helpful.

Regards
B Hope

"Barry" wrote in message
Hi

I have an D Link DSL-300G+ i would like to connect to a DI-614+ does

anyone
know how i would do this?

Thanks

Barry