broadband network

Old August 25th 03, 10:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tut

Default broadband network

Hi

I have a problem where I want to create a broadband network in my house so I
can run 3 PC's on one boroadband connection, at present I have telephone
points at each PC and I have one external broadband modem installed on the
main PC. Could somebody please advise me what equipment I need to do this
and how it can be done?

thanks in advance

Tut

Old August 25th 03, 10:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BRG

"Tut" wrote in
:

Hi

I have a problem where I want to create a broadband network in
my house so I can run 3 PC's on one boroadband connection, at
present I have telephone points at each PC and I have one
external broadband modem installed on the main PC. Could
somebody please advise me what equipment I need to do this and
how it can be done?

thanks in advance

Tut

Here's a good starting point:
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/qanda.asp?faq=HomeNet

--
BRG
===
Old August 25th 03, 10:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJB

"Tut" wrote in message
Hi

I have a problem where I want to create a broadband

network in my house so I
can run 3 PC's on one boroadband connection, at present I

have telephone
points at each PC and I have one external broadband modem

installed on the
main PC. Could somebody please advise me what equipment I

need to do this
and how it can be done?

Easiest option is a router, preferably with built in 4 port
switch (most have). Depending on your connection, it'll
either be an ADSL router/modem or DSL router. Check out
www.adslguide.org for suitable equipment, then search Google
groups, as this question has been asked many,many times
before ;-)

P.